Safety is our number one priority and is paramount to Global Jet’s values. With a 20-year legacy of responsible business and well-known reputation regarding safety and security, our dedicated teams are taking all necessary actions to guarantee the utmost safety in all flight operations. Our customers leave nothing to chance, and neither does Global Jet: this is the key to our success and, yours.
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have been taking strict precautions to protect our passengers, our crew and our employees, while continuing our activity dedicated to our customers. Global Jet is enforcing additional safety and hygienic measures to the ones already published by aviation regulations in order to safeguard the safety of all passengers and crew at all time and any destination.
We have been monitoring and acclimatising to the outbreak since the first identified cases late 2019. A number of restrictions has been imposed by several countries and new information continue to emerge. Our teams are working 24/7 with experts and authorities to update all standards as the situation evolves. For any travel needs, we will assist you and will do our utmost to perform them while respecting the newly imposed travel regulations. Our Worldwide Customer Service, Charter Sales and Operations Teams are available day and night to make the impossible possible in order to respond to your needs.
- Aircraft – each aircraft is equipped with masks for adults & children, gloves, hydroalcoholic gels, Bacoban disinfectant, UPK (Universal Precaution Kit), thermometer and sterilized charger for phones (i.e Lexon Oblio).
- Crew – all crew are well traced and checked for signs on a regular basis. They have been all trained to apply, before and after each flight, sanitation and disinfection sprays as per very strict procedures established with Medaire physicians and in accordance with the EASA regulations. All client greetings have been reviewed according to the new regulations and crew will wear masks and gloves as allowed and required. The service and social distancing on board has been adapted to respect all new hygiene standards while maintaining a high-end service in order to meet our clients wishes.
- Bacoban – “Bacoban® is a patented surface disinfectant which is proven to kill pathogens for up to 10 days after application. Bacoban® uses a semi-permanent nanoscale layer which contains anti-pathogen agents. These are slowly released while the layer is in place. This helps close the "hygiene gap," preventing these germs from regenerating. Bacoban® is VAH-listed and CE certified as a class 2A medical device.”
- UPK (Universal Precaution Kit) – MedAire’s UPK is an add-on kit for any MedAire medical kit, to equip crew members and passengers with the necessary equipment to protect themselves from exposure to communicable diseases. The UPK contains:
- A gown with long sleeves and aprons to enhance protection from potential spillage
- Hand sanitizer for when standard hand washing facilities are not available
- Booties (shoe covers) protect from contact with infected material responders might have stepped over
- Surgical face masks with protective visor to cover the eyes
- Non-permeable gloves protect hands from contact with infected materials
- Items to aide in clean-up of bodily fluids such as an absorbent pad, liquid solidifier, scoop/scraper, odour eliminator, and disinfectant wipes
- Biohazard bag to dispose of waste and used protective gear
- Instructions on how to properly don, remove, and dispose of personal protection equipment
- Soft-sided for easy storage
- Assembled under strict ISO 9001 quality assurance standards
- Catering – New safety and hygiene procedures have been requested and implemented with each partner. This includes control process, storage, food handling, personal hygiene and delivery. Every step and process have been reviewed to ensure a strict minimum contact procedure. We are closely monitoring that all of our catering partners respect these strict and new hygienic procedures. Newspaper & Magazines have been replaced by electronic ones and flowers & fruits are not displayed in the cabin anymore.
For any other detailed information, our dedicated and loyal teams are available to answer to all your questions. Consequently, please find here below some of the most popular questions our teams have recently been asked and their answers accordingly.
FAQs (Frequently asked questions)
Is it safer to fly with a private jet rather than a commercial airline during the pandemic?
Flying on a private jet will facilitate social distancing by avoiding close contact with other passengers in the aircraft. The fact that private jets benefit in most locations of dedicated standalone VIP terminal facilities and channels also prevents the potential exposure by avoiding busy airport terminals, check-in counters as well as boarding procedures. Moreover, the number of passengers is limited in a private jet reducing the risk of being exposed to the virus.
Is Global Jet still operating Private and Charter Flights?
Yes, Global Jet is still operating flights based on certain travel restrictions.
What hygienic and safety measures are being taking on board?
Global Jet aircraft are equipped with protection kits, called UPK which are available if needed for customers & crews as well as highly effective disinfectant agents (Bacoban) for sterilizing the cabin before and after each flight. Hydroalcoholic gels and masks are provided to passengers on board.
Do you have masks on board?
Yes, Global Jet can provide surgical masks for adults and children.
Is it mandatory for passengers to wear a mask when flying on board Global Jet aircraft ?
The mask is not compulsory for the passengers; they will be available on board upon request.
Is the aircraft cabin disinfected before and after each flight?
Yes, they are by our cabin crew. Furthermore, and on request by our customers, we could organise with our partners located in some major hubs, a deeper disinfection of the cabin at additional cost.
Is the catering well monitored on board?
Yes, we have increased our safety, hygiene and procedures with all of our catering partners and therefore is still possible to serve you on board. There might be some limitations and restrictions for some products inevitably.
How long can the virus live on a surface?
The virus can live up to 72 hours on a surface when there is enough humidity and if that surface is not disinfected.
How long can the virus survive in an aircraft?
The dry atmosphere in an aircraft when flying creates a highly hostile environment for the virus to survive, therefore being on board the aircraft is safer than being in a humid atmosphere on ground.